Click on individual links for information For Salt Lake area traffic issues visit UDOT's Commuterlink page.
Review 2013 Pavement Maintenance Report
Review West Jordan City's Pothole FAQ
For City Road Projects visit the Roads page.
5600 West from 6200 South to 7000 South
5600 West is scheduled to be reconstructed and widened from 6200 South to 7000. Kilgore Contracting has been awarded the work and will begin by burying the overhead utility lines on the west side of 5600 West. This will begin in January with the construction of utility conduits for Rocky Mountain Power, Comcast, Century Link and Zayo Communications and continue for the next two months.
In April, 5600 West will close from the southern driveway of Walmart to 7000 South to allow the contractor to construct a new storm drain system and to begin reconstructing the roadway. Alternate routes for local traffic will be posted by the contractor. This work will be completed and the roadway will be open to the public 160 days after the closure begins.
The new five-lane roadway will include:
• sidewalks on both sides of 5600 West
• improved streetlight coverage along the roadway and at the intersections of 7000 South and 6200 South
• a new traffic signal at the intersection of 5600 West and 7000 South
• shoulders for bike lanes from 6200 South to 7000 South
• an improved roadway drainage system to decrease the chances of flooding for neighborhoods adjacent to 5600 West.
For additional information view UDOT's project information page.