The duties of this commission are:
1. Survey and Inventory Community Historic Resources
2. Review Proposed Nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
3. Provide Advice and Information
4. Maintenance and Rehabilitation
5. Financial Aid and Grants
6. Enforcement of State Historic Preservation Laws
7. West Jordan Historic Site List
To the extent available in the community, at least two members shall be professionals from the disciplines of history, archaeology, planning, architecture, architectural history or have competent knowledge of historic preservation. Each member shall be 21 years of age or older.
This committee has 5-15 members who are appointed by City Council.
Open Positions Available