City Recycling Programs
The City of West Jordan has several recycling programs including seasonal green waste pickup; curbside paper, plastic and metal collection; glass recycling drop off sites; and paper and electronic shred events are held four times per year. These programs help keep recyclables out of the landfill.
Recycling Dos and Don'ts Video
Green waste collection runs from April through November. Click here for details.
Paper Shredding and E-Waste Recycling
The City holds four shred days where residents can bring 2 banker's boxes of documents for shredding as well as electronic waste for recycling (no stereo speakers or vacuum cleaners). Hard drives must be removed from the computer if you would like it shredded. More information
Paper Shredding and E-Waste Recycling Dates
|May 3, 2014 ||10 a.m.-noon ||Fire Station 52, 7950 South 1825 West |
|August 2, 2014 ||10 a.m.-noon ||Fire Station 52, 7950 South 1825 West |
|November 1, 2014 ||10 a.m.-noon ||Fire Station 52, 7950 South 1825 West |
Two Glass Recycling Collection Sites Open June 1
|The city has two collection sites where residents can drop off glass for recycling. (This is NOT a curbside collection program.) |
The drop-off sites are located at:
1. West parking lot behind Fire Station 52, 7950 South 1825 West
2. Side road next to Fire Station 55, 7725 South 6440 West
The bins are for all colors of glass, but NO garbage, porcelain, ceramic, plate glass windows, light bulbs, florescent lightbulbs or cardboard. The program will be discontinued if it is abused.
Paper, Plastic and Metal Curbside Collection Guidelines
1. Use only the City furnished blue recycling containers.
2. Recyclables must fall freely from the container, with the lid closing completely.
3. Place ONLY authorized recyclables in the blue recycling container. (Cardboard, newspaper, pasteboard with liners removed, magazines, #1 - #7 plastic containers, steel and aluminum cans.)
4. Crush all plastic containers flat before placing in the recycling container.
5. Cardboard must be no larger than 2 feet long by 2 feet wide. Cut the cardboard to this size. Don't just fold it. ACE Recyclables List
6. Place your garbage and blue recycling containers at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
7. Containers must be removed from the street by the end of your collection day.
8. Containers should be placed at least 3 feet away from other containers and at least 5 feet away from parked vehicles and mailboxes.
9. Avoid setting containers underneath low hanging tree branches.
Additional Containers or Repairs
Call Utility Billing at 801-569-5020.
Call at least two working days before an additional container is needed. An additional service fee will be charged for each additional garbage container.
Each container must be used a minimum of six months.
Call 801-569-5730 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Salt Lake County Health Department
Trans Jordan Landfill
Salt Lake Valley Recycling Guide